Friday, November 2, 2012

Thanksgiving Hymn ... Day 31



Thanks to God for my Redeemer,



Thanks for all Thou dost provide!








Thanks for times now but a mem’ry,





Thanks for Jesus by my side!



  1. Thanks for pleasant, balmy springtime,







    Thanks for dark and dreary fall!










    Thanks for tears by now forgotten,



    Thanks for peace within my soul!
    Thanks for prayers that Thou hast answered,




  2. Thanks for what Thou dost deny!



    Thanks for storms that I have weathered,




    Thanks for all Thou dost supply!






    Thanks for pain, and thanks for pleasure,










    Thanks for comfort in despair!







    Thanks for grace that none can measure,



    Thanks for love beyond compare!















  3. Thanks for roses by the wayside,
    Thanks for thorns their stems contain!





    Thanks for home and thanks for fireside,








    Thanks for hope, that sweet refrain!



    Thanks for joy and thanks for sorrow,




    Thanks for heav’nly peace with Thee!
    Thanks for hope in the tomorrow,


    Thanks through all eternity!

    (by John A. Hultman)

6 comments:

  1. Having an attitude of gratitude makes the way seem brighter and lighter. I love the hymn above. What a great reminder to be thankful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually thinking about how great it would sound with you and David playing it when I was typing in the words ...

      Delete
  2. You made me cry. And I say thanks!
    Love you, Karyn Christeen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karyn, I am encouraged by the Hyme you quoteden to appreciate God in times of joy and even in times of sufferings and lose.The picture of Piano in your Hyme, brings back to me the sweet memories of your dear mum playing the piano in the Bombay Baptist Church, Colaba.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sumitra, so much, for remembering her. That piano was actually given to me from Bronwyn's Church, and it is now in my Tea House ... It is one of my dearest treasures. All the flowers on it in that picture were because of my 50th birthday!

      Delete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a leaf to read ...