Saturday, November 3, 2012

Dear God? I'm Just Checking Up on Josh ...


It's been a year ago today since he chose to leave here and be with You. It seems so long, so interminably long, ago.

There has scarcely been a week in the past year that I have not thought of him, this young boy whom I never was privileged to meet here on earth. I've prayed for his Mom and Dad, his two sisters and brother. I've thought about his aunts and uncles and cousins. 

The other day I was looking at the program that was handed out at his funeral: A Life Worthy of Being Remembered, it said on the front cover. I believe that, even more now than a year ago. I'm sure there are children in the Horn of Africa who are alive today because of Josh's burden for their suffering.

Thank You for teaching me, through him, more of the value of life. Every time I hug my nephew Oliver - one of Josh's friends and someone who still remembers him - I am more conscious of how precious time spent with him is, of how thankful I am that he chooses life.

Thank You for the comfort of knowing that Josh is with You today. Please let him know in a special way today how much his family loves him.

And thank you for the comfort of knowing that You are with his family today, as you are every day. They are never alone, as that old old hymn by Ludie D. Pickett (1897) says:


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing and posting this, Karyn. Through this past year God has reminded me over and over of 3 truths from His word, depending on my struggle of the day:
    1. For it is by grace we are saved, through faith, and this not of ourselves, it is a gift of God.
    2. I am with you always. I will never leave you or forsake you.
    3. My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
    Thank you for continuing to remember my dear son and the gentle, kind, caring heart inside that goofy, inquisitive exterior. I long for the day we are together again.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a leaf to read ...