Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thanksgiving Day 8: Mercy and Grace

Today I am thankful for this verse:

"Therefore let us come with confidence to the throne of grace so that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)
It struck me for the first time today that the verse makes it clear that when we ask for something, we don't always initially receive what we had asked for. In this verse we are told to go to the throne of grace -- and what we will receive first is mercy, which will then help us to find the grace we need.
And how often life turns out like this. I need to learn to be grateful for mercy. Grace will develop in the proper time.
A big thank you to whomever dropped off the beautiful tumbleweed -- it will add to the decor of the Thanksgiving festivities! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a leaf to read ...