Sunday, May 30, 2010

Time Out

Thank you to all of you who have contacted me to make sure I was okay - I am doing well, but I have just had too few hours in the day lately ...

I have stories to tell, though, and so I will try to get back to talking with you as soon as I can.

Meanwhile, there's snow on the ground in Three Hills and two nests outside my back door and last night, just before midnight, as I said goodnight to Don and Norma I saw the adult sparrow of one nest sitting there, motionless, glaring at me. I had turned on the back light and had disturbed his rest. But he wasn't about to let me disturb his charges' rest as well by beaking off as he is wont to do during the day.

The snow will go, as will the sparrows. As will some of "my" kids, very soon. 

This season of transition is a hard time of year, both for birds and for humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a leaf to read ...