Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Did you make any?

There are two quotes given me quite early this year that I have kept in Nilgiris and that have burrowed into my consciousness, and on which I base my resolution for the little TH in 2010.

On a magnet given me by one of my sisters:

"I felt like my little home wasn't big enough for all the beauty I wanted to cram into it. But then I'd think of it like a heart, and how when you want to love more people, it just stretches."

Typed on a piece of paper and given to me by Dad:

"The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet."

Both of those statements find me at the TH!

So my resolution for Nilgiris Tea House for 2010 is simply this:

Keep my eyes, my hands and my heart wide open, in order that the TH (and I!) is always ready to see a need or a moment of beauty and is not too busy with everyday cares to be able to appreciate either; to give - as well as to receive - gifts and blessings from whomever would be encouraged by or profers them; and to have a tender heart with the desire and the ability to pass on the joy I find in my life, in God and my family, friends, the TH staff and guests ... and all in this beautiful place that has been entrusted to me for this time and for this purpose.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Would you say, your new years resolution is to Abide...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista,

    I would say that is the very word! I would also say that I have already witnessed a small taste of your magic in the TH kitchen; now I am privileged to witness it in your ability to cut to the heart of the matter. Both the TH and I are clearly in very capable hands.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a leaf to read ...