Friday, October 18, 2013

Burning bush


I arrived at Dad's place on Sunday morning and was just about to head up his driveway when I was greeted by the most beautiful autumn sight I have seen this year:



This exquisite bush was posting sentry to his residence. It seemed to me like it was telling me, "Slow down. Take a moment to be grateful for the beauty around you. And remember where you are - you are approaching holy ground."

Sure enough, Dad was studying and meditating on the things of God when I went in ...

And it reminded me of the night my Mum passed away. Just as she drew her last breath, my brother quietly started to sing: "We are standing on holy ground." Soon the room was awash with song as one by one we joined in, thanking God for a life well lived, recognizing the sacredness of that room in that moment.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful image and reminder of God's presence with us all, and especially near Dad. Thanksgiving indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a leaf to read ...