Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 4 - It is Well



They had been practising since before we arrived in India. March 5 is the birthday of Joh, Dad to one girl and Uncle to the other, and they had wanted to play for him.

When I showed up on the 1st, they started practising in earnest with the piano accompanying them. They wanted this to be perfect - we practised twice a day.

On March 4th, they were ready. They played their song during the morning conference session: It is well with my soul.

They nailed it!

Leah and Hannah, already I can tell that hanging out with you, making music with you, is going to be one of the highlights of this trip. You have both grown and matured and you are a real joy to be around. When Dad and the sisters and I return to Bangalore, you two and I are going to have to go out for an event, all three of us! And of course we'll have to practise the number you want to play for Grandpa Ironside -



When peace like a river attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say:
"It is well, it is well with my soul"

2 comments:

  1. Praying it is well with Joh - happy birthday! - and with all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hymn, powerful words written after great loss. Timeless!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a leaf to read ...