Saturday, June 12, 2010

Long Live the King!

Another of my favourite people has a birthday today.

In 1988, when I arrived back in Canada, pretty shattered and frightened, without a clue as to what I should do and with no job prospects on the horizon, I walked into his office at the Dairy King - linen skirt and jacket, 4" stilettos, hair piled up (it was the 80s, after all!).

Against his better judgment, he hired me.

And with that he brought back purpose, focus, dignity and routine into my life.

With that, he gave me hope again.

Twenty-two years later almost to the day, he is still bossing me around, still giving me advice. And I'm still listening ...

So this evening it seemed only right to have some of your friends and family over to say "Happy 75th Birthday, Don!" You are a treasure: to your friends, to your family, to your "other daughters", to God. We all love you!














And I'll beat you to it: "We have GOT to talk ..."

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great post. I also worked for him. He was by far the best boss I ever had.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a leaf to read ...