Thursday, August 2, 2012

Six Hundred Million People

Take the entire population of Canada.


Add the entire population of the United States.


Now throw in the entire population of Mexico.


Then add 100 million more people.


This is the approximate number of people to be directly affected by the power grid collapses in Northern India over the past couple of days..


There has never been a power outage of this magnitude. Ever. Anywhere.


Reports are stating that all power has now been restored.

Here is an excellent account from someone who was there.


Pray that the immediate needs will indeed be met. And pray that a long-term solution will make its way to the top of the rising rhetoric and finger pointing that is occurring at the higher levels of authority.

2 comments:

  1. Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful &
    it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid
    others like you aided me.
    Also visit my page ; great site

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I checked out your link - lots of useful information ...

      Delete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a leaf to read ...